Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I use Excel to convert feet to kilometers?

I'm trying to use Excel 2002 to convert feet to kilometers. When I try to use
the CONVERT worksheet function, "#NAME?" is returned. It does the same thing
no matter what units of measure I try to convert. I copied and pasted the
syntax directly from the Office Help section. Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

hi
do you have the analysis tool back installed and does your formula look
somthing like this.....
=CONVERT(A2,"m","ft") where A2 is the number to convert.

the above converts meters to feet and works perfectly on my pc.

regards
FSt1

"CedarHillMatt" wrote:

I'm trying to use Excel 2002 to convert feet to kilometers. When I try to use
the CONVERT worksheet function, "#NAME?" is returned. It does the same thing
no matter what units of measure I try to convert. I copied and pasted the
syntax directly from the Office Help section. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi CedarHillMatt,

The correct construction of this function for a value in A1 is:
=CONVERT(A1,"ft","km")
Of course, you could do it the old-fashioned way:
=A1*0.0003048

--
Cheers
macropod

"CedarHillMatt" wrote in message
I'm trying to use Excel 2002 to convert feet to kilometers. When I try to use
the CONVERT worksheet function, "#NAME?" is returned. It does the same thing
no matter what units of measure I try to convert. I copied and pasted the
syntax directly from the Office Help section. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

hi
that should be analysis tool PACK not back.
sorry.
my prepost proof reader is off today.

Regards
FSt1