Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Reverse word

Hi,
How can I reverse, with Excel, the letters in a certain cell? For example;
I want Excel to rewrite
the word "black" as "kcalb" in cell A1?.
Using Excel 2003.
Thanks,
Amnon

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Amnon,

See reply to your similar post in microsoft.public.word.conversions.

For Excel, simply change the calling macro's code to:
Sub ReverseString()
Selection.Value = Reverse(Selection)

Cheers
macropod
[Microsoft MVP - Word]

"Amnon Wilensky" wrote in message ...
Hi,
How can I reverse, with Excel, the letters in a certain cell? For example;
I want Excel to rewrite
the word "black" as "kcalb" in cell A1?.
Using Excel 2003.
Thanks,
Amnon

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Public Function RevStr(rng As Range)
RevStr = StrReverse(rng.text)
End Function

=RevStr(cell)

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 08:14:16 +0200, "Amnon Wilensky"
wrote:

Hi,
How can I reverse, with Excel, the letters in a certain cell? For example;
I want Excel to rewrite
the word "black" as "kcalb" in cell A1?.
Using Excel 2003.
Thanks,
Amnon

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,
I have tried your suggestions without success, (probably my default).
Enclosed a picture with what I have done,
Where is my mistake?
Thanks,
Amnon