Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Reverse Concantenate?

Is this possible? I have a single cel that contains a list like this.

filename.jpg
filename2.jpg
filename3.jpg
filename4.jpg

Is there a way to move this to separate cels? I would prefer the information
in stacked rows?

Thanks from a newbie!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Dawn,

presumable the filenames are separated by the newline character
(CHAR(10)). If you want to avoid VBA you can first replace this
character with a dash. In another cell:

=SUBSTITUTE(A2,CHAR(10),"-")

Then you can apply DataText to columns... To break it in columns.

Next thing is you can copy and Paste Special... check the Transpose
button.

HTH
Kostis Vezerides

On Jun 24, 6:44 pm, Dawn wrote:
Is this possible? I have a single cel that contains a list like this.

filename.jpg
filename2.jpg
filename3.jpg
filename4.jpg

Is there a way to move this to separate cels? I would prefer the information
in stacked rows?

Thanks from a newbie!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks Kostis, but I need the info in rows.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Dawn,

the Paste Special...Transpose is to bring them in rows

Kostis