Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I enter Help text for a cell

I have a first row of text wtih fields such as Account, Start Date, etc.
These are my customized fields. In each column, I then have information. Is
it possible to create a spreadsheet so that when the mouse hovers over the
Account field, I can enter the customized definition for account that I want?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I usually insert a comment over the header cell. The comment would appear
if/when the user hovers over that cell with the mouse icon.

But maybe you could also use Data|validation's input message. That'll show up
when the cell is selected.

And if I have an input sheet with fields that aren't obvious to the user, I'll
include an instruction worksheet.

Essentially, I'll copy the header row and paste special|transpose so that I have
a list of those headers in column A. Then I'll use column B to hold the
extended description.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hovering over a cell will not allow you enter anything.

How about you add a Comment to the cell.

Then when you hover, the Comment will pop up.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP