Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Cell content capture and release

Hey guys.

I want to make a sheet that has a cell in it where I use a barcode
scanner to grab a barcode.

What I want is for the cell to grab the barcode, and fire it off to a
specific cell, empty the reader cell, and wait for the next barcode scan,
which gets filled into the next cell below the previous fill location.

barcode scanners already have no problem inputting the data. The
problem is that the read barcode does not ever include a carriage return.

Currently, I simply use cursor keys, and advance to the next cell
manually after each read.

Is there a "wait for entry" monitoring code of some sort that waits for
entry into a cell, then begins a timeout, then fires the read data off to
a certain cell? So even if I type into the cell, it starts the timeout
period, and after that expires, it takes the data, whatever it is, and
dispatches it to a certain cell other than the capture cell.

Please tell me that this is a fairly easy code segment that someone has
already churned out.