Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Drop down lists from multiple source lists

I created a product price list with different headings within columns in
workbook1 sheet1. (The reason for this was because I wanted to be able to
easily print the price list without having a rediculous amount of pages.)
So, for example, the data under one heading may be in column A and go to the
end of the page and then start back up againin column D at the top of the
page. I want to create a dropdown list using data validation in workbook2
sheet1 using data from two or more lists in workbook1 sheet1. I keep getting
the error: "The source list must be a delimited list, or a reference to a
signle row or column." Is there a way around this? The data I want for this
drop down list could come from multiple columns, rows, etc., and not
congruent. Can I achieve this without creating a new list in workbook1 from
the data I want? If I have to do that, I feel I might as well rewrite the
entire list.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The message you get explains it all.

You must use a single column for a list or enter the list as a comma
delimited list in the source dialog.

dog,cat,horse,cow and on and on

Start rewriting<g

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 17 Feb 2010 14:38:04 -0800, RoofIL
wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

A de-limited list is one which you type into the source dialog.

Do not select a range or any cell, just type the items as I showed you with
the animals.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP