Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default cell with formula is not automatically updating - Excel Office 200

I have an excel file, one column has 200 cells with same formula. I have
been using it for a year, data automatically updates. However, recently,
after the files got changed hands from one pc to another, the cells in that
column does not update anymore. I have to press F2, enter for each cell in
order to get each cell refreshed.
1. Does anyone has any idea what is the common cause for such problem, i.e.
failing to auto refresh?
2. What could be done to enable the automatic refresh without having to
press F2 for each cell everytime?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

I suspect calculation has been changed to manual.

E2007
On the Ribbon click the 'Formulas' tab and then 'Calculation options' and
change back to automatic.

E2003
Tools|Options|Calculation tab - Select Automatic

If it is this and your wondering how it happened it's because Excel
remembers the caluclation method of the first workbook opened in a session.

--
Mike

question.

"Robert C" wrote:

I have an excel file, one column has 200 cells with same formula. I have
been using it for a year, data automatically updates. However, recently,
after the files got changed hands from one pc to another, the cells in that
column does not update anymore. I have to press F2, enter for each cell in
order to get each cell refreshed.
1. Does anyone has any idea what is the common cause for such problem, i.e.
failing to auto refresh?
2. What could be done to enable the automatic refresh without having to
press F2 for each cell everytime?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Select the column and press Ctrl+H. In the find box, type = and in the
replace box also, type =

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com