Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Comparison Formula

Hi

I need to learn how to compare two spreadsheets in Excel to identify
differences between the two. For example, if I have one spreadsheet with a
list of staff and staff numbers, and a different spreadsheet listing staff
and staff numbers, I need to be able to compare the two to identify any
employees whose staff number differs between the two.
--
Kind regards

Ann Shaw
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

hi, Annie !

I need to learn how to compare two spreadsheets in Excel to identify differences between the two.
For example, if I have one spreadsheet with a list of staff and staff numbers
and a different spreadsheet listing staff and staff numbers
I need to be able to compare the two to identify any employees whose staff number differs between the two.

- spreadsheets means two separate workbooks (*.xls/x files)... or two worksheets in one workbook (?)
- how is the arrangment (data layout and ranges) for the two spreadsheets ?

regards,
hector.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Ann

what do you want to do if you find the differences?
would you provide a sample of the two sheets and the result you are after?
--
Hope this help

Please click the Yes button below if this post have helped in your needs

Thank You

cheers, francis