Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Zac Zac is offline

Default Worksheet linking

I am trying to link a cell in one worksheet (sheet 1) to a cell in another
worksheet (sheet 2). I put in = then click on sheet 1 tab, then click on the
cell I want to link and press enter. The result puts me in sheet 2 in the
cell I want but with the formula ='sheet 1'!A1 instead of the text that is in
that cell. How do I get it to show the text from cell A1 sheet1 instead of
the formula?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,
being in sheet 2 press CTRL+ ~ + Enter

~ is located beside number 1 in the keyboard

"Zac" wrote:

I am trying to link a cell in one worksheet (sheet 1) to a cell in another
worksheet (sheet 2). I put in = then click on sheet 1 tab, then click on the
cell I want to link and press enter. The result puts me in sheet 2 in the
cell I want but with the formula ='sheet 1'!A1 instead of the text that is in
that cell. How do I get it to show the text from cell A1 sheet1 instead of
the formula?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you can see the results of other formulae on the sheet, the chances are
that your cell is formatted as text. Format as General & re-enter the
formula.
--
David Biddulph