Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default help with formulas

I have a list of applications that have gone overdue. Here is a sample of my
list:

Program Code Case # Delay Code
P60 401133012
P60 721283900 AG
P30 821362112
P30 828190110
P60 950351513 CI
L60 217075010 CI
S60 810474413 OA
Q30 235391903 OA
S60 167004803 OA
S30 893474708 OA
S30 676254115 CI
S60 712233808

There are several different program codes for the applications, and a few
different delay codes, leading to several different needs to count for the
list. I am trying to figure out how I can count, for example, the number of
P60 applications that had a delay code of "CI", or the number of Q30
applications that had a delay code of "OA", or the number of S60 applications
that had no delay code, etc.

Please help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Eva Eva is offline

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A20="P60"),--(C2:C20="CI"))
=SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A20="Q30"),--(C2:C20="OA"))
or

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A20=D2),--(C2:C20=E2))
where D2=Program Code
E2=Delay Code

Click yes if helped

--
Greatly appreciated
Eva

"Bradly" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Create a pivot table with Program code in the row area, Delay code in the
column area and Case# in the data area. If the data area shows sum, then
right click and change the field settings to count

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com