Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Problem - hidden cell names in worksheet

i all
I am having a strange issue with my excell file since a while. This is the
second year I am using it without problem. I start a workday with a new sheet
so every morning I just copy (Edit/Move or Copy Sheet) the latest sheet,
rename it and use it.
All of a suddent when I perform this operation I have a prompt that says "a
formula or sheet you want to move or copy contains the name 'aaa', which
exists in the destination worksheet. Do you want to use this version of the
name?"
I would hit yes to proceed, then I would get over 50 other prompts with
different names, and finally a new sheet.
My file contains a macro who basically inserts the current time in the
active cell. Apart from that there is no named cell.
Has anyone ever experienced such problem? How was it resolved?
Thanks you very much for your help.
--
Bigger
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

Probably you accidentelly named some range - it may happen easily (you
activated Name field (the one where usually active cell address is
displayed, typed 'aaa', and hit Enter)

In Excel 2000 or like, select InsertNameDefine (in Excel2007 it is in
different location, search help for 'Named Range'.
You see a list of defined names - delete all names 'aaa' (you see probably
one - for active sheet. When you delete it, the next one is displayed, etc.
delete until none is left.

Arvi Laanemets

"Bigger" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Arvi,
Thank you fr your response and sorry for not having replied soonner. I had
travelled for the ween-end.
I followed tthe path InsertNameDefine, the Define name box is empty. no
name shows up.
I am using MS Office Excel 2003 and Windows XP Professional
Don't know what to do.

--
Bigger
Douala, Cameroun