Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Need Formula to solve my problem

I have two worksheets,

Sheet1
Column A = Deptname
Column B = Headname
Column C = Username

Sheet2
Column A = Headname (???)
Column B = Username
Column C = UserID

"Headname" column in Sheet2 is blank and what I wanted to do is to get "Headname" from Sheet1 by using "Username".

I have tried to use VLookup but it did not work if username in Sheet1 and Sheet2 is not exactly same.

E.G, given two differents Username as shown on below.
Username in Sheet1 is "Jenny Oh" and "Chan Shu Mei"
Username in Sheet2 is "ITC - Jenny Ong" and "IA: Chan Shu Mei"

Any ideas whether it can be done? Thankf in advance for any help.

Dr. Dotnetsky's Cool .NET Tips and Tricks # 6
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...-cool-net.aspx
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If there is a rule for transforming sheet2 names to sheet1 names, e.g. cut
off leading part before a separator ( - or : ): cutting off "IA: " from "IA:
Chan Shu Mei"
gives "Chan Shu Mei" which can be matched to sheet1, but I think you can
create "Jenny Oh" from "Jenny Ong" only manually.

Is there such a rule?

--
Regards!
Stefi