Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default dates from a data validation

I need to set up dates to automatically populate from a data validation drop
down box for a time sheet that I am making for work.

The data validation box is F25 and the boxes that I need to auto populate
when each one is selected for the pay periods are boxes C29-I29 and K29-Q29,
which is monday through friday for each pay period over 2 7 day weeks.

Does anyone know how I can do this relatively easily?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

C29:I29 is seven days, not Monday to Friday

Same for K29:Q29

Maybe try this and see if it is close.

In C29 enter =$F$25+COLUMN()-3

Copy that across to I29

In K29 enter =$F$25+COLUMN()-4

Copy across to Q29

Pick a start date from F25

BTW..........in Excel we call them "cells" not "boxes"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 14:39:01 -0800, SethT
wrote:

I need to set up dates to automatically populate from a data validation drop
down box for a time sheet that I am making for work.

The data validation box is F25 and the boxes that I need to auto populate
when each one is selected for the pay periods are boxes C29-I29 and K29-Q29,
which is monday through friday for each pay period over 2 7 day weeks.

Does anyone know how I can do this relatively easily?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I used that formula, and it gave me an error formula. The F25 cell is where
the data validation box is at and as an example, the first selection reads as
02/01/2010 to 02/14/2010, and there are 7 cells across starting on Monday
because our payperiod starts on monday and ends on the 2nd Sunday.

So, when I entered your formula, it didn't work, it just showed the #### in
each cell.

wrote:

I need to set up dates to automatically populate from a data validation drop
down box for a time sheet that I am making for work.

The data validation box is F25 and the boxes that I need to auto populate
when each one is selected for the pay periods are boxes C29-I29 and K29-Q29,
which is monday through friday for each pay period over 2 7 day weeks.

Does anyone know how I can do this relatively easily?

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The formulas I posted were tested before posting.

First of all ###### usually means the column is not wide enough to show the
date.

Second of all the formulas are based upon F25 being a single chosen date.

If you really have 02/01/2010 to 02/14/2010 in F25 then this is not a
date, it is text and you should get #VALUE! in the cells with formulas.

Gord