Eddyd

Default Copying formulas (relative) give always original value

I try to copy formulas in adjacent cells. whatever I do the <past special /
formulas function returns always the value in the original field.
Max

Perhaps the calc mode was inadvertently switched to "Manual" instead of
"Automatic"?

Click Tools Options Calculation tab
Ensure that "Automatic" box is checked OK
--
Rgds
Max
"Eddyd" wrote in message
I try to copy formulas in adjacent cells. whatever I do the <past special

/
formulas function returns always the value in the original field.

Max

Maybe you could paste the *actual* formulas in the starting cell(s) that
you're trying to copy down / across?

The key probably lies with the cell refs in the starting cell's formula that
you want to copy down / across, whether these are absolute / fixed or
relative refs, viz: with / without dollar ($) signs around the cell refs,
e.g.: $A$1, $A1, A$1, A1.

Having the dollar sign around the row / col ref will fix the row / col ref
when you copy the formula down / across. So what it should be depends on
what you want to remain fixed or to change relatively.
--
Rgds
Max
"EddyD" wrote in message
Thanks Max for trying to help me.
unfortunately the "automatic" box was checked already ...

EddyD

Thank you Max. The problem seemed to be solved. When I clicked the starting
cells black cross and dragged it down, all the cells had the same figure as
the starting cell, in spite of different amounts in the cells to be
additioned. The same when I did it with the standard toolbars <Edit, where
the normal <paste was greyed out. Using the icons however to paste the
original cell's formula, gave the correct result. Thank you for helping me.