Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions,microsoft.public.excel

Default Inserting a blank row between rows of data

I have three Excel 2007 lists, around 200 rows each. I've now found I need
to insert a blank row after each list entry. Is there any easy way to do
this? I'm pretty decent with Excel, but don't know VBA. I thought of
recording a macro, but didn't know how to edit it so that I wouldn't have to
repeat the same action 200 times for the first list. Can anyone help?

--
Michael Styles
Microsoft Certified Trainer

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Select a list and run this macro.

Sub InsertALTrows()
'David McRitchie, misc 2001-06-30
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Dim i As Integer
For i = Selection(Selection.Count).Row To Selection(1).Row + 1 Step -1
Rows(i).entirerow.Insert
Next i
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 16:30:15 -0500, "Michael Styles"
wrote:

I have three Excel 2007 lists, around 200 rows each. I've now found I need
to insert a blank row after each list entry. Is there any easy way to do
this? I'm pretty decent with Excel, but don't know VBA. I thought of
recording a macro, but didn't know how to edit it so that I wouldn't have to
repeat the same action 200 times for the first list. Can anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions,microsoft.public.excel

Thanks Don.

"Don Guillett" wrote in message
Sub insertrows()
dim i as long
For i = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row To 2 Step -1
Rows(i).Insert
Next i

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"Michael Styles" wrote in message
I have three Excel 2007 lists, around 200 rows each. I've now found I
need to insert a blank row after each list entry. Is there any easy way
to do this? I'm pretty decent with Excel, but don't know VBA. I thought
of recording a macro, but didn't know how to edit it so that I wouldn't
have to repeat the same action 200 times for the first list. Can anyone
help?

--
Michael Styles
Microsoft Certified Trainer
Microsoft Certified Professional

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions,microsoft.public.excel

Here's the manual way:
http://excelexperts.com/Excel-Tips-I...te-Blank-Lines

Nick
http://excelexperts.com
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions,microsoft.public.excel

Crooks! :-)
From my book, page 111!
Note on the video: Actually, it's ready to sort without changing the cells
at the bottom to that formula (=cells above +1)
Bob Umlas
Excel MVP

"Nick Vivian" wrote in message
Here's the manual way:
http://excelexperts.com/Excel-Tips-I...te-Blank-Lines

Nick
http://excelexperts.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions,microsoft.public.excel

Thanks. Great site I now have bookmarked for reference.

"Nick Vivian" wrote in message
Here's the manual way:
http://excelexperts.com/Excel-Tips-I...te-Blank-Lines

Nick
http://excelexperts.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions,microsoft.public.excel

On 1/26/2010 4:30 PM, Michael Styles wrote:
I have three Excel 2007 lists, around 200 rows each. I've now found I
need to insert a blank row after each list entry. Is there any easy way
to do this? I'm pretty decent with Excel, but don't know VBA. I thought
of recording a macro, but didn't know how to edit it so that I wouldn't
have to repeat the same action 200 times for the first list. Can anyone
help?

Free ASAP Utilities has this function.

Eric