Deb

Default How do you subtract negative numbers?

I am doing budget and I have a column of numbers to add but I have to include
the numbers to subtract?
Steve R

Deb

Just enter them in cells as negative numbers.

Enter the following to test:

A1 -1
A2 2
A3 -1
A4 = Sum(A1:A3)

Answer in A4 will be 0

HTH

Steve

"Deb" wrote in message
I am doing budget and I have a column of numbers to add but I have to
include
the numbers to subtract?

Fred Smith

Or, if you want to enter them as positive numbers, use a formula like:

=sum(a1:a5)-sum(a6:a20)

Fred
Please reply to newsgroup, not e-mail