Old January 25th 10, 05:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Change positive number to negative number

Hi,

I've searched this board and have tried a few things, no luck yet.

I have about 100 rows, in columns A and B there is descriptive text. In
column C it is either blank or it contains the text "CR". In column D there
is a value (number with 2 decimal places). Column E is blank and available
to use for the formula.

If there is "CR" in column C, then the value in Column D must be displayed
as a negative number. If "CR" doesn't exist then the number should be left
positive. How can I do this? I've been working with the ABS and IF
functions in Column E but can't get it to work. Please help. Thanks