Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do i use sumproduct if my lookup table is alpha or alpha num?

Can I use sumproduct formula if my table is as follows ?

Yr End Rating
Mid Yr Rating A B C D
A same 1 down 2 down 3 down
B 1 up same 1 down 2 down
C 2 up 1 up same 1 down
D 3 up 2up 1 up same

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

No, but you can if the cells contain numbers like -2, 0, or +2, where the
cell might use a custom format such as
0 "up";0 "down";"same"
to show display values like you show in your example.
--
David Biddulph