Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ben Ben is offline

Default Copy Paste Financial Years

Hi I want to copy & drag financial years out to a number of years eg. 10. Is
there a way using the drag handlebar or do i have to enter a formula?

For example in column A, first cell I put:

2009-10

I want to be able to drag it to make 2010-11 but when i drag and copy it
makes it 2009-11 (it seems to only recognise the last digit).

Any help would be appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Ben,

Try this.

A18 =2009-10, pull this down to A30 and it should be 2009-22.

In B18 enter =LEFT(A18,3)&ROW()-9&-RIGHT(A18,2). (The -9 is significant to
the row number in which you start the data. Adjust to suit the proper row
number)

In B19 enter =LEFT(A19,2)&ROW()-9&-RIGHT(A19,2) and pull this down to B30.
(Notice the =left(A19,2... instead of 3 because of the double digit decade
after 2009)

You should get this in Column B:

2009-10
2010-11
2011-12
2012-13
2013-14
2014-15
2015-16
2016-17
2017-18
2018-19
2019-20
2020-21
2021-22

You will need to copy and paste special values to get rid of the formulas
in column B

HTH
Regards,
Howard

"Ben" wrote in message
Hi I want to copy & drag financial years out to a number of years eg. 10.
Is
there a way using the drag handlebar or do i have to enter a formula?

For example in column A, first cell I put:

2009-10

I want to be able to drag it to make 2010-11 but when i drag and copy it
makes it 2009-11 (it seems to only recognise the last digit).

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

To increment down, eg in A2, copied down:
=2008+ROWS($1:1)&"-"&9+ROWS($1:1)
ROWS($1:1) is the incrementer when copying down
The other numbers in the expression ie: 2008, 9 are simply your start
numbers: 2009, 10 adjusted backwards

To increment across, eg in B2, copied across:
=2008+COLUMNS($A:A)&"-"&9+COLUMNS($A:A)
COLUMNS($A:A) is the incrementer when copying across

Success? Eternalize this post, hit the YES below
--
Max
Singapore
"Ben" wrote:
Hi I want to copy & drag financial years out to a number of years eg. 10. Is
there a way using the drag handlebar or do i have to enter a formula?

For example in column A, first cell I put:

2009-10

I want to be able to drag it to make 2010-11 but when i drag and copy it
makes it 2009-11 (it seems to only recognise the last digit).

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Ben,

A typo...

<A18 =2009-10, pull this down to A30 and it should be 2009-22.

Should say:

Enter 2009-10 in A18 and pull this down to A30 and it should be 2009-22.

Regards,
Howard