Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Entering an If formula using conditional formatting

Hi everyone: I need your help for I need to know how to do this for work. I
have three condiontions Red, Light green, and Dark green.

1?: Red. If the value that is caluculated in cell B41 is =to or less then
the value in Cell B42 by 1% turn Red. Actual value in cell B41 and B42 are
whole numbers. B42 is a sum of several cell above and changes every day.
However, the whole number entered into cell B42 only changes 1 time a month.

2?: Light Green. If the value that is caluculated in cell B41 is = to or
greater then by .2999 then the value in Cell B42 turn light green. Actual
value in cell B41 and B42 are whole numbers. B42 is a sum of several cell
above and changes every day. However, the whole number entered into cell B42
only changes 1 time a month.

3?: Dark Green. If the value that is caluculated in cell B41 is = to or
greater then by 30% then the value in Cell B42 turn dark green. Actual value
in cell B41 and B42 are whole numbers. B42 is a sum of several cell above and
changes every day. However, the whole number entered into cell B42 only
changes 1 time a month.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

1. CF/ Formula Is/ =OR(B41=B42,B41=0.99*B42) [But be careful. If B42 is
105, for example,1% less than that is not a whole number, so you can't
satisfy that condition. B42 would have to be a multiple of 100.]
2. If B41 = B42 you've turned it red, so it can't be light green. If B41
and B42 are whole numbers, B41 can't be B42-0.2999, so you can't satisfy
either condition, and hence you'll never be light green. Perhaps you mean
=B1=0.2999*B42, but that will not be satified for B41 a whole number unless
B42 is a multiple of 10000.
3. As above, if B41 = B42 you've turned it red, so it can't be dark green.
CF/ Formula Is/ B42*1.3, but same warning as in 1 about whole numbers.]

I guess that you didn't mean what you asked for, so you may want to restate
the question?
--
David Biddulph