Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Conditional Formatting and Entering Dates with out dashes

First thank you to everyone who has answered a question on this site. It has
been very helpful.

Here are my issues.

I have a worksheet with 5 columns of data. Column B has a formula that
references column C. The formula looks like this =+C1+10. There are other
formulas in this column but I am only concerned with this one. Anytime this
occurs I want the cell to be bolded. I know to use conditional formatting and
I figured out that I must use the cell is equal to section. But I don't
remember how to write the formula so that it will mean Column C any Row + 10.

Second issue involves entering dates. I would like to be able to type 11207
and have it appear in a cell as 01/12/2007. I found an add-on but we are no
allowed to download items. Is there any other way to make this possible?

Once again thank you for all your help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Question 1 - Conditional Formatting. Place your cursor in Cell B1. Now
highlight the entire column. Select Format - Conditional Formatting -
Selection is Equal to and in the Formula box put = C1 + 10. change the
format to Bold and you are good to go...

Question 2 - Entering Dates. Check out this link...
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"ictime" wrote:

First thank you to everyone who has answered a question on this site. It has
been very helpful.

Here are my issues.

I have a worksheet with 5 columns of data. Column B has a formula that
references column C. The formula looks like this =+C1+10. There are other
formulas in this column but I am only concerned with this one. Anytime this
occurs I want the cell to be bolded. I know to use conditional formatting and
I figured out that I must use the cell is equal to section. But I don't
remember how to write the formula so that it will mean Column C any Row + 10.

Second issue involves entering dates. I would like to be able to type 11207
and have it appear in a cell as 01/12/2007. I found an add-on but we are no
allowed to download items. Is there any other way to make this possible?

Once again thank you for all your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

First question:
Select the range B1:B2345, then click on Format Conditional Formatting,
then select "Cell Content Is", "Equal To", =C1+10. Note that if you had
selected a range B5:B234, then the formula should have been =C5+10. If you
want to always compare to cell C1, then use =$C$1+10.

Second question:
Press ALT+F11, then copy the code below in the sheet where you want to enter
the dates. I guessed that 11207 is 1-Dec-2007 and not 12-Jan-2007. Adapt the
code accordingly by swapping the digits 3 and 1 in the line of code Target.
Value = DateSerial(...

Dim d As Long
Dim s As String

If Intersect(Target, Range("D2:D999")) Is Nothing Then ' <<< ADAPT THE
RANGE!
Exit Sub
End If

d = Target.Value
If d < 10100 Or d 311299 Then ' Not a date, we do not transform the
content
Exit Sub
End If

s = Format(d, "000000")
Application.EnableEvents = False
Target.Value = DateSerial(Val(Mid(s, 5, 2)), Val(Mid(s, 3, 2)), Val(Mid(s,
1, 2)))
Application.EnableEvents = True

End Sub

Stephane Quenson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you very much for your help. I tried the answer to my first question
and it worked just like I wanted. Then I tried the second answer but it had
some type of error. So thank you.

"squenson via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you for your help. I tried the link you gave me and it worked for enter
my dates into C column. But doing so changed my B column because the formula
uses the dates in column C. Now column B shows numbers but not dates. I read
somewhere that this is the serial number format of the date. So I wanted to
know if there was a way to correct this. Any assistance is appreciated.

"ictime" wrote:

First thank you to everyone who has answered a question on this site. It has
been very helpful.

Here are my issues.

I have a worksheet with 5 columns of data. Column B has a formula that
references column C. The formula looks like this =+C1+10. There are other
formulas in this column but I am only concerned with this one. Anytime this
occurs I want the cell to be bolded. I know to use conditional formatting and
I figured out that I must use the cell is equal to section. But I don't
remember how to write the formula so that it will mean Column C any Row + 10.

Second issue involves entering dates. I would like to be able to type 11207
and have it appear in a cell as 01/12/2007. I found an add-on but we are no
allowed to download items. Is there any other way to make this possible?

Once again thank you for all your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Unfortunately, some lines of code have been wrapped by the forum editor, so
when you see a line that does not start indented, simply remove the line
break between this line and the previous one.