Junior Member

Question count values in range based on value in same row

To save time adding additional copies of the data to the individual spreadsheet is there a way of combining this formula ?

=IF($e3="Male",Q3,"") for example

I have used this 'Master Sheet'!E3="Male", but I realise that as the row changes this reference would not change. Does anyone know how I could amend / replace this formula to give the required result

=IF('Master Sheet'!E3="Male",COUNTIF('Master Sheet'!Y3:Y203,"=31"))
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default count values in range based on value in same row

Add a defined name (InsertNameDefine...) or the current E3 cell and use
that in the formula

=IF(Mastefield",COUNTIF('Master Sheet'!Y3:Y203,"=31"))

HTH

Bob

--
Mick Bonser - newbold