Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Counting number of cells

I need to count the number of cells that indicate "utd" within a certain time
frame.

ie; column E holds dates formated 1-12
column H holds data 'utd', 'in progress' or 'failed'

I need to calculate how many 'utd' accounts within the month of '1' (Jan).
I cannot seem to find a formula that will work for me...please help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you mean numerics 1 to 12 in column E try
=SUMPRODUCT((E1:E100=1)*(H1:H100="utd"))

If ColE has got dates then try the below.. 012010 represent Jan2010
=SUMPRODUCT((TEXT(E1:E100,"mmyyyy")="012010")*(H1: H100="utd"))

--
Jacob

"Sabrina" wrote:

I need to count the number of cells that indicate "utd" within a certain time
frame.

ie; column E holds dates formated 1-12
column H holds data 'utd', 'in progress' or 'failed'

I need to calculate how many 'utd' accounts within the month of '1' (Jan).
I cannot seem to find a formula that will work for me...please help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi JAcob thanks for giving me the formula but I still could not get it to
work...if i did if for each individual cell at a time it would work but i
wanted it to be a selection of cells..thanks though

"Sabrina" wrote:

I need to count the number of cells that indicate "utd" within a certain time
frame.

ie; column E holds dates formated 1-12
column H holds data 'utd', 'in progress' or 'failed'

I need to calculate how many 'utd' accounts within the month of '1' (Jan).
I cannot seem to find a formula that will work for me...please help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

HI Bob, thank you so much..it actually works!!!! yipee! You dont know how
long I have been trying to get this to work and it was so simple as your
formula all along. A big Thank you to you!!!