Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Multiple data returning initial hit

OK I have to analyze visa charges that are downloaded. The main data needs
to be separated into different tab. So I need something that will look for
each line with reference Visa #1 and return the independent lines even though
the reference is the same. Similarily for Visa#2 through 50 on their own
tabs.....Would vlookup work? seem to be getting return of only data on the
first line. Can someone give me direction on the best way to do this?
--
Thanks, HP
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In your main sheet you can introduce a formula using COUNTIF to give a
unique sequential count for each of your Visa numbers. Supposing they
were listed in column A, then you could have a formula like this:

=IF(A2="","-",A2&"_"&COUNTIF(A$2:A2,A2))

Then copy this down as far as you like.

Then in your other sheets you can have an INDEX/MATCH formula to bring
across only the entries that relate to a particular Visa number, and
to do so on sequential rows.

If you post some more details of what you have and what you want to
bring into the individual sheets, then I could add some more details
to my response to you.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jan 19, 11:26*pm, hp wrote:
OK I have to analyze visa charges that are downloaded. *The main data needs
to be separated into different tab. *So I need something that will look for
each line with reference Visa #1 and return the independent lines even though
the reference is the same. * Similarily for Visa#2 through 50 on their own
tabs.....Would vlookup work? seem to be getting return of only data on the
first line. *Can someone give me direction on the best way to do this?
--
Thanks, HP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Take a look at question 7 on the following link -
http://ashishmathur.com/knowledgebaseII.aspx

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"hp" wrote in message
OK I have to analyze visa charges that are downloaded. The main data
needs
to be separated into different tab. So I need something that will look
for
each line with reference Visa #1 and return the independent lines even
though
the reference is the same. Similarily for Visa#2 through 50 on their own
tabs.....Would vlookup work? seem to be getting return of only data on the
first line. Can someone give me direction on the best way to do this?
--
Thanks, HP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

You may also create a pivot and drag the column which has Visa to the report
filter and then while you are on the report filter cell (in the pivot),
click on Show Pages. This will create a separate worksheet for every visa
number

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com