Maureen

Default COUNTING TEXT CELLS IN A COLUMN

How do we count cells containing text, excluding blank cells?
Bob Phillips

=COUNTA(D:D)-COUNT(D:D)

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Maureen" wrote in message
How do we count cells containing text, excluding blank cells?

RagDyeR

Try this:

=COUNTIF(A:A,"*?")
--

HTH,

RD

"Maureen" wrote in message
How do we count cells containing text, excluding blank cells?

Harlan Grove

RagDyeR wrote...
Try this:

=COUNTIF(A:A,"*?")

Given the internals of pattern processing, it'd be more efficient to
use =COUNTIF(A:A,"?*").

Harlan Grove

Bob Phillips wrote...
=COUNTA(D:D)-COUNT(D:D)

Picky: that'd include cells evaluating to errors and booleans in the
count. It'd also include cells evaluating to "".