68magnolia71

Default Last text value in a column

Good evening,

On this forum I've been given formulas by several persons that give the last
NUMBER value in a column. I tried to adapt them for TEXT. One of them is
working even when there are empty cells in the columns. Unfortunately I
couldn't get one working if the texts in the columns are IF based, and the
IF function hasn't yet returned a result. In short if there is a empty IF
cell below the last filled text cell there is no result at all. Indeed I
could arrange to have "0" in these cells but is clumsy and looks akward. Has
anyone a hint?

Thank you

68magnolia71
Domenic

Try...

=LOOKUP(2,1/((A1:A100<"")*ISTEXT(A1:A100)),A1:A100)

Hope this helps!