Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I make headers for columns in which their are 6 columns?

I have:
Oak Island
A LG LN 2LG 2LN LP

I want:
Oak Island as a header along with 8 other headers and the figures below as 6
columns.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 08:37:01 -0800, jobo
wrote:

I have:
Oak Island
A LG LN 2LG 2LN LP

I want:
Oak Island as a header along with 8 other headers and the figures below as 6
columns.

Thanks.

Make the 8 columns and write in their headers on row 2 of the
worksheet.

Above that in row 1 highlight all 8 cells that match up to the headers
in row 2. In the 'home' ribbon select "merge & center".

Then type in the Oak Island title text and select the "Left" alignment
button to shift the title text to the left... if you like.

Then, if you freeze those rows everything still works.