Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default counting dates <= 7 days ago based on criteria in a diff column

I have a spreadsheet that holds all tasks for a project. Column D holds a
catagory and column Q holds the date closed. I need a formula (on a separate
sheet) that counts all tasks of a specific category that were closed in the
past 7 days. I already have a formula that calculates all tasks that were
closed in the past 7 days, just need to add the additional criterion of the
category.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Try this

=sumproduct((sheet1!D2:D30=A2)*((today()-sheet1!Q2:Q30)=7))

A2 on sheet2 has the specific category for which you want to count the
closed tasks

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com