Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Multiple Users - Different PC/Locations

I have a excel spreadsheet that 3 people need to work on, I email it out
after I edit it then so on. I'm on my pc and the other 2 people are on their
pc's away from me. Is there a way we can all use this spreadsheet with out
emailing back and forth everyday?

Thanks in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you have a common network folder that all can access, then you can keep one
copy on that common network folder.

If you want all 3 of you to access the workbook at the same time, then you can
share that workbook--tools|share workbook in xl2003 menus.

But there are lots of things that won't work in shared workbooks. And many
people have reported file corruption with shared files. I think most people
steer clear of shared workbooks. You may want to consider a different
application that's meant for simultaneous access (like a real database program).

But if each of you access the file at different times, then keeping one file in
a common location sounds perfect to me.

======
I'm not sure if this does what you want, but you may want to look into Google
docs. Although, it's no where as feature rich as Excel, the ability to have
simultaneous users may make it worthwhile for you.

(I've read more reports of people using Google word processor this way than
their spreadsheet program. You may want to test it a bit first.)

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If everyone needs to access the data simultaneously, use Access. If you
don't really know how to use Access, start learning now. You can share your
excel workbook, but as Dave alluded to, it's going to cause many more
problems than it's worth.

--
Ryan---

.