Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
imills

Default How do I advance filter to multiple locations at once?

I have a summary page of planting events. In the left column I have the feild
name and the other other column have more info such as, date, seeding rate,
variety, etc. I want to send the information to a summary sheet for each
field. I have been able to advance filter the list for one specific field so
far, and I have also created a Macro (Manually, I don't understand code) to
execute the advance filter any time I want. The problem is I have over 50
fields, and to build a macro that does all fields at once will take a lot of
time and leave alot of room for error. I want to do the same thing for
several more lists; planting, fertilizing, harvesting, irrigation, etc.
Is there a faster way, such as advance filtering to multiple locations at
once?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron de Bruin

Hi imills

Do you want to do this
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy5.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"imills" wrote in message ...
I have a summary page of planting events. In the left column I have the feild
name and the other other column have more info such as, date, seeding rate,
variety, etc. I want to send the information to a summary sheet for each
field. I have been able to advance filter the list for one specific field so
far, and I have also created a Macro (Manually, I don't understand code) to
execute the advance filter any time I want. The problem is I have over 50
fields, and to build a macro that does all fields at once will take a lot of
time and leave alot of room for error. I want to do the same thing for
several more lists; planting, fertilizing, harvesting, irrigation, etc.
Is there a faster way, such as advance filtering to multiple locations at
once?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
imills

Yes Ron, I'm pretty sure this is what I want to do. But how do I do it?
I don't understand VBA at at all.
Thanks Ron.

"imills" wrote in message ...
I have a summary page of planting events. In the left column I have the feild
name and the other other column have more info such as, date, seeding rate,
variety, etc. I want to send the information to a summary sheet for each
field. I have been able to advance filter the list for one specific field so
far, and I have also created a Macro (Manually, I don't understand code) to
execute the advance filter any time I want. The problem is I have over 50
fields, and to build a macro that does all fields at once will take a lot of
time and leave alot of room for error. I want to do the same thing for
several more lists; planting, fertilizing, harvesting, irrigation, etc.
Is there a faster way, such as advance filtering to multiple locations at
once?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron de Bruin

Hi imills

I don't understand VBA at at all.

Ok, Send me your test file private and I will help you
Tell me exact what you want to do in the mail.

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl