Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Concatenate including a date so that the date appears as a date

When I try to join the contents of several cells, one of which is a date and
time obtained from =now(), the date and time part appears as a number. How
can I make it appear as a date and time? I have tried changing the cell
formats - probably there is a combination that works but I haven't found it.
I also tried copying the original date cell to another cell and changing the
latter cell's format and concatenating using that latter cell, but still no
success.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Use the TEXT function. For example, =TEXT(NOW(),"mmmm d, yyyy") would give
January 6, 2010
"ddd mm-dd-yy" would give Wed 01-06-10,
etc.

"Zembu" wrote:

When I try to join the contents of several cells, one of which is a date and
time obtained from =now(), the date and time part appears as a number. How
can I make it appear as a date and time? I have tried changing the cell
formats - probably there is a combination that works but I haven't found it.
I also tried copying the original date cell to another cell and changing the
latter cell's format and concatenating using that latter cell, but still no
success.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this...

A1 = Today's date is

=A1&" "&TEXT(NOW(),"m/d/yyyy h:mm AM/PM")

Will return something like:

Today's date is 1/6/2010 1:08 PM

--
Biff