Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JJ JJ is offline

Default Exclude Weekends

How do I set up the calander to exclude weekends in my schedule calculation?

Est Start Date 04/01/2010

Leadtime = 5 days

Actual start date is 09/01/2010 which is a Saterday.
It would be great to change the act start dte to 08/01/2010 Friday.

Tx.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

Assuming you have the Analysis Toolpak loaded (ToolsAddinAnalysis Toolpak)
then with you starting date in A1
=workday(A1-1,5)
will return a Friday for dates falling on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday.

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"JJ" wrote in message
How do I set up the calander to exclude weekends in my schedule
calculation?

Est Start Date 04/01/2010

Leadtime = 5 days

Actual start date is 09/01/2010 which is a Saterday.
It would be great to change the act start dte to 08/01/2010 Friday.

Tx.

signature database 4741 (20100104) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4741 (20100104) __________

http://www.eset.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JJ JJ is offline

Hi Mike

if the start date is Saterday then return to Friday. If Sunday, return to
Monday.

JJ

"JJ" wrote:

How do I set up the calander to exclude weekends in my schedule calculation?

Est Start Date 04/01/2010

Leadtime = 5 days

Actual start date is 09/01/2010 which is a Saterday.
It would be great to change the act start dte to 08/01/2010 Friday.

Tx.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

date in a1 days to add in B1

=A1+B1-CHOOSE(WEEKDAY(A1+B1,2),0,0,0,0,0,1,-1)

Mike