Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default check box

I have created an Excel workbook listing all the CD's I'm suppose to have.
Now I want to put a check box at the beginnig of each row. If the box is
checked, I have the CD and it is in its case. If blank, don't have cd or
case.

Once I've made my selections, and I can then choose the flagged rows to do
an operation, say print them, sort, erase, or whatever.

I've been able to make a single check box, but that is as far as I get. How
do I get a check box in every row, and how do I reference the row as use, or
don't use.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I think you will find it easier to forget the checkbox and just use a cell.
You can enter a character in the cell. You can also use a variety of
characters with different meanings. Then use AutoFilter to display the data
based on the contents of the cells. Looup AutoFilter in Help if you don't
know how to use it.

OssieMac

"PDStar" wrote:

I have created an Excel workbook listing all the CD's I'm suppose to have.
Now I want to put a check box at the beginnig of each row. If the box is
checked, I have the CD and it is in its case. If blank, don't have cd or
case.

Once I've made my selections, and I can then choose the flagged rows to do
an operation, say print them, sort, erase, or whatever.

I've been able to make a single check box, but that is as far as I get. How
do I get a check box in every row, and how do I reference the row as use, or
don't use.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"PDStar" wrote:
I have created an Excel workbook listing all the CD's I'm suppose to have. �
Now I want to put a check box at the beginnig of each row. �If the box is
checked, I have the CD and it is in its case. �If blank, don't have cd or
case.

Once I've made my selections, and I can then choose the flagged rows to do
an operation, �say print them, sort, erase, or whatever. �

I've been able to make a single check box, but that is as far as I get. �How
do I get a check box in every row, and how do I reference the row �as use, or
don't use

If PDStar wants eye-candy then set the column's font to Monotype Sorts
and enter a 4. this gives you a tick. Or an 8 to give you an X.

Use Charater Map (a Windows OS program) to display the shapes you can
get with Monotype Sorts (or any other font).

Alan Lloyd