Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RaY RaY is offline

Default Date and Formatting

Thanks for the help with the other formulas on my last thread but I still
can't get my "in between" formatting to work. I want the date entered into
A1 to change color when the computer calendar is 21 to 28 days after the date
entered. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

What did you try?
What results did you get?
What version of Excel are you using?
What color do you want it changed to?
Is the color different for 21 days than it is for 28 days?

You're not making it easy for people to help when you post ambiguous
questions. It looks like you're asking everyone else to do the work when
you're not willing to do any.

Post back with specifics so people can get you a definitive answer rather
than trying to guess what you want.

Regards,
Fred

"Ray" wrote in message
Thanks for the help with the other formulas on my last thread but I still
can't get my "in between" formatting to work. I want the date entered
into
A1 to change color when the computer calendar is 21 to 28 days after the
date
entered. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RaY RaY is offline

I am using microsoft office 2007.

I am using the following formulas:
Green - =(TODAY()-A1<=20) This formula does what I want i.e.
change green when the cell is less than or equal to 20 days after the date
entered.

Yellow - =(TODAY()-A120),(TODAY()-A1<=28) This formula does NOT
do what I want i.e. change yellow when the cell is between 21 and 28 days
after the date entered.

Red - =(TODAY()-A128) This formula does what I want i.e. change
red when the cell is greater than 28 days after the date entered.

I hope this helps.

"Ray" wrote in message
Thanks for the help with the other formulas on my last thread but I still
can't get my "in between" formatting to work. I want the date entered
into
A1 to change color when the computer calendar is 21 to 28 days after the
date
entered. Thanks.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Change to this

=and((TODAY()-A120),(TODAY()-A1<=28))

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"Ray" wrote in message
Thanks for the help with the other formulas on my last thread but I
still
can't get my "in between" formatting to work. I want the date entered
into
A1 to change color when the computer calendar is 21 to 28 days after
the
date
entered. Thanks.

.