Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Decimal

Hi,

I had a file with some figure with have different decimal pt.
If I use format cell it show 2 decimal but the actual cell still have more
than 2 decimal. I wish to round up to 2 decimal and also the actual cell only
show 2 decimal.

185.0000 1.48803125 275.286 16.517
170.0000 2.13408612 362.795 1.768
500.0000 0.8612726 430.636 25.838
220.0000 0.97610038 214.742 12.885
30000.0000 0.0155231 465.693 27.942
904.0000 2.6159168 2,364.789 141.887
100.0000 0.41724134 41.724 2.503
1.0000 0.21278913 0.213 0.013
1.0000 0.19200455 0.192 0.012
1.0000 0.0010763 0.001 0.009
1.0000 1.28738127 1.287 0.077
1.0000 0.02786532 0.028 0.002
3472.0000 1.000000 3,472.000 208.320

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You'll want to use the formula:

=ROUND(A2,2)

You could input all your formulas into some helper cells and then just hide
your original data (or copy the values over, your choice)
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Sky" wrote:

Hi,

I had a file with some figure with have different decimal pt.
If I use format cell it show 2 decimal but the actual cell still have more
than 2 decimal. I wish to round up to 2 decimal and also the actual cell only
show 2 decimal.

185.0000 1.48803125 275.286 16.517
170.0000 2.13408612 362.795 1.768
500.0000 0.8612726 430.636 25.838
220.0000 0.97610038 214.742 12.885
30000.0000 0.0155231 465.693 27.942
904.0000 2.6159168 2,364.789 141.887
100.0000 0.41724134 41.724 2.503
1.0000 0.21278913 0.213 0.013
1.0000 0.19200455 0.192 0.012
1.0000 0.0010763 0.001 0.009
1.0000 1.28738127 1.287 0.077
1.0000 0.02786532 0.028 0.002
3472.0000 1.000000 3,472.000 208.320

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

In excel 2003 and earlier:

Tools Options Calculation check 'Precision as displayed'

Regards,
Per

"Sky" skrev i meddelelsen

I had a file with some figure with have different decimal pt.
If I use format cell it show 2 decimal but the actual cell still have more
than 2 decimal. I wish to round up to 2 decimal and also the actual cell
only
show 2 decimal.

185.0000 1.48803125 275.286 16.517
170.0000 2.13408612 362.795 1.768
500.0000 0.8612726 430.636 25.838
220.0000 0.97610038 214.742 12.885
30000.0000 0.0155231 465.693 27.942
904.0000 2.6159168 2,364.789 141.887
100.0000 0.41724134 41.724 2.503
1.0000 0.21278913 0.213 0.013
1.0000 0.19200455 0.192 0.012
1.0000 0.0010763 0.001 0.009
1.0000 1.28738127 1.287 0.077
1.0000 0.02786532 0.028 0.002
3472.0000 1.000000 3,472.000 208.320

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"Per Jessen" wrote:
Tools Options Calculation check 'Precision as displayed'

Perhaps. But be careful: be sure to make a copy of the Excel file(s)
before you try this.

First, note that PAD will round, not "round up" as Sky wrote. However, my
experience is: most people are imprecise in their use of "round"
terminology; they do not always mean what they say literally.

Second, PAD will change only constants in cells with formats that explicitly
specify a number of decimal places; Number with 2 dp, for example. In
particular, PAD has no effect on cells formatted as General and, thankfully,
cells with a time format.

Finally, PAD affects __all__ cells with a numeric format that specifies a
number of decimal places -- all cells with formulas in all worksheets, as
well as all cells with constants. Fortunately, the effect can be reversed
or changed for cells with formulas by changing their format. But changes to
constants are __irreversible__.

Let me reiterate.... PAD is pervasive; you cannot apply it selective cells.
And the PAD changes are irreversible for constants.