Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default proper formula or function

A B C D
AMOUNT INCOME DUE DATE DATE PAID BALANCE

0
If row 1, column D is blank, I want balance to post in Row 2 Column E,
leaving R1C
blank. is this possible ? Would it require a formula or function and how
would you writ it , plus where would you past it?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You need to be clearer in your request. The following will help you get
faster, more accurate answers:
-- Use cell addresses, as in D1, E2, etc. It's not clear what you mean by
"R1C"
-- Tell us how you would calculate Balance manually. Do you take Amount
(column A) into account? What about income (column B)? Do you start with the
previous balance?
-- If you want to see a result in E2, you *always* put the formula in that
cell. Formulas can affect only the cell they are in.

As a guess, you want in E2 something like:
=if(d1="",<your balance calculation,<what you want when D1 is not blank)

Regards,
Fred.