Danielle via OfficeKB.com

Default PROPER function

I need to apply the PROPER function to an entire worksheet that has a few
thousand cell entries. I have two problems in accomplishing this:
First, I can't format more than one column- and I'm only able to that using
the fill-handle. For some reason, trying to do this as a traditional
function like this: =proper(cell:cell), is not working.
Second, I end up with two sets of data- one formatted and one not. I need
the function to be 'underneath' the data.
Is there a way to write one function for the entire worksheet, and have it
applied to the entire worksheet and not as a new set of data?

Appreciate any help,

Danielle
Anne Troy

Hi, Danielle. You could insert a column, type =Proper(b2) (notice I did not
use a range...it only works one cell at a time), and copy it down. Select
all the cells with the new function in them. Copy. (don't move!)
Edit--Paste special, Values, OK. Then delete the original column.
Alternatively, you can use a macro:
http://www.officearticles.com/excel/...ft_exce l.htm
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com