Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default DashBoard Summary to contol output

Hi All,
I have a spreadsheet with the following columns of data
Manufacturer, Product, size, Version, Memory capacity on sheet 1

I want to be able to set a header page where i would have 5 cells each
labelled as per above.

On each cell would be a kind of cell validation list i guess, where the user
could select from a list the manufactuerer, then in the next cell, only have
what products that manufacter makes, the next cell, the versions of that
product and so on.

Once on the cells have been selected with the data needed, i would like it to
have either re-summarised the main table on sheet 1 to show the selections
made or perhaps summarise into a different sheet - whatever would be easier ?
I have had a look at some of the posts, but havent found what i am looking
for.
Is this kind of output possible where cell selection on sheet 1 could
determines the output on another ??

Many Thanks in advance for your replies
Matt

--
Matt Lynn

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

See Debra Dalgleish's site for dependent dropdowns.

Debra shows how to make three dependent lists.

You can create as many as you wish.

On sheet2 simply enter linking formulas back to the 5 cells on sheet1.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 10:12:00 GMT, "Mattlynn via OfficeKB.com" <u44078@uwe
wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Excel 2007 Dependent Validation
With Tables, Advanced Filter and Macro.
No Indirect() formulas, no manual list creations.
Dependent selections can be made in any column order.
http://c0444202.cdn.cloudfiles.racks.../12_14_09.xlsm

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks Gord - Sound Brilliant

Gord Dibben wrote:
See Debra Dalgleish's site for dependent dropdowns.

Debra shows how to make three dependent lists.

You can create as many as you wish.

On sheet2 simply enter linking formulas back to the 5 cells on sheet1.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Hi All,
I have a spreadsheet with the following columns of data

[quoted text clipped - 18 lines]