Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Macro for multiple rows

I have a Excel spreadsheet with 10 columns and 900 lines.

I wrote a macro to take information off of line 2 on worksheet #1 and place
it in a form on worksheet #2

How do I get the macro to run on different lines say line 4 and then line
498 and then 987. (The macro is written for line #2)

The form on sheet #2 is the same. Do I need to write this same macro for
each line? Is there a way to run a macro on a highlighted area? Can I put
a button at the end of each line?

Any help will be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It would help if you were to post your macro here.

Is there some condition that will cause you to select row 2, then 4,
then 498 etc? If you know these rows in advance you could use another
sheet to just list the other rows and then loop through each value in
that sheet to get the data from the appropriate row(s) of the other
sheet.

But, without further details it is hard to recommend a particular
course of action.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Dec 11, 4:58*pm, sbaby wrote:
I have a Excel spreadsheet with 10 columns and 900 lines.

I wrote a macro to take information off of line 2 on worksheet #1 and place
it in a form on worksheet #2

How do I get the macro to run on different lines say line 4 and then line
498 and then 987. (The macro is written for line #2)

The form on sheet #2 is the same. *Do I need to write this same macro for
each line? *Is there a way to run a macro on a highlighted area? * Can I put
a button at the end of each line?

Any help will be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Please post your code and perhaps someone could help.
--
If this helps, please remember to click yes.

"sbaby" wrote:

I have a Excel spreadsheet with 10 columns and 900 lines.

I wrote a macro to take information off of line 2 on worksheet #1 and place
it in a form on worksheet #2

How do I get the macro to run on different lines say line 4 and then line
498 and then 987. (The macro is written for line #2)

The form on sheet #2 is the same. Do I need to write this same macro for
each line? Is there a way to run a macro on a highlighted area? Can I put
a button at the end of each line?

Any help will be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I am tring to print Id cards For my fire hall I have all the members in an
Excell work sheet, Each line is a different member, I am tring to use this
sheet and click on individual rows and it place the proper information from
that line in the proper place on the card. So it would need to work for lines
2 through 1000 each line individally . I will ask mom who is helping with
this for the Macro she is tring to write and post it here when I can get it.

.