Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I save data in shared spreadsheet?

I have a shared excel spreadsheet (users of both Office03 and Office07) and
two users are in the spreadsheet at the same time. Unfortunatley, we are
losing data because it is only saving the 'first' save and not the second. In
otherwords, if I save it and then user2 saves it, the rows that are
overlapping were saved first by first user are the ones that will be
saved....not good. Is there a work around other than copy and paste??? I hope
I have epxlained myself right....
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Read this:
http://excel.tips.net/Pages/T002998_..._Workbook.html

Maybe that will give you some ideas.

Basically, shared workbooks have very limited functionality, as you have
discovered. MS Access performs great in multi-user environments such as
yours. Excel does not work good with multiple people pounding away at the
same file at the same time.

Good luck,
Ryan--

--