Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excell protection

I made a worksheet in excell 2003. There is one group(+)/ungroup(-) button.
When I put protection this button is useless. Is there any way to chenge it?
i.e. I want to make protection of this worksheet and normal working
group(+)/ungroup(-) button.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I had the same issue and solved it with a small bit of VBA code that runs
when the file opens

Sub Auto_Open()

Sheets("Sheet Name").Unprotect Password:="password"
With Sheets("Sheet Name")
.Protect Password:="ou812", userinterfaceonly:=True
.EnableOutlining = True
.EnableAutoFilter = True
End With

End Sub

You will proabbly need to use the macro recorder and protect your sheet once
to get the exact set of conditions you want

The one line of the recorded code will contain all of the various
conditions. The Password:="password" sections will not be captured by the
recorder and must be added manually.
The conditions
.EnableOutlining = True
.EnableAutoFilter = True
must also be added manually.

--
If this helps, please remember to click yes.