Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Problem with AND function

I'm using the function as shown below

=IF(AND((COUNTBLANK(O14:AE14)<17),L140),N14*L14, "enter project")

essential =IF(AND(TRUE, TRUE), do this, else "enter project"

however, I'm getting "enter project" even if only one of the options is TRUE.

I thought the whole point of AND was that BOTH had to be TRUE?

Any ideas???

Excel 2003
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Think it over: if both condition is TRUE then AND is also TRUE, but if only
one of the conditions is TRUE then AND becomes FALSE and your formula returns
"enter project" which is right.
I think you should check again the content of the source cells and
fulfilling of each condition.

--
Regards!
Stefi

VRamsay ezt *rta:

I'm using the function as shown below

=IF(AND((COUNTBLANK(O14:AE14)<17),L140),N14*L14, "enter project")

essential =IF(AND(TRUE, TRUE), do this, else "enter project"

however, I'm getting "enter project" even if only one of the options is TRUE.

I thought the whole point of AND was that BOTH had to be TRUE?

Any ideas???

Excel 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Yes, you are right. Both have to be true to satisfy the AND.
Hence both have to be true to get N14*L14.
If either condition is not satisfied, your AND condition isn't satisfied, so
you get the alternative result "enter project".
The formula is doing what you asked it to do. What did you want it to do,
if it is something different from that?
--
David Biddulph