Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default sum accross worksheets using names

It is clear this is allowed and works:
=SUM(Sheet1:Sheet5!A1)
As the formula suggests the cell A1 in each sheet from Sheet1 through Sheet5
is summed.
This does not seem to work:
=SUM(Sheet1:Sheet5!Name_Ref1)
Where Name_Ref1 is a name of a cell defined in each worksheet.
More broadly I want to sum a given cell accross worksheets but that cell is
not be in the same position within each workseet.
Any ideas/comments...? Thanks
ShaunL
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

How would Excel know how to locate these named ranges unless you tell it what
to look for? You may have to sum these, with comma separations. How many do
you have?

=SUM(Name_Ref1,Name_Ref2,Name_Ref3)

Good luck,
Ryan--