Tony

Default Creating random passwords

Hi Group,

I need to issue 120 database users with a random password
every 90 days. It has to be alphanumeric and must be
easily remembered. I was thinking the easiest way is to
use the first two initials of forename and surname and
then adding a random pin number. For example, Mickey
Mouse would be mimo1934. Is it possible to write a macro
or worksheet function to automate this procedure?

The only letdown that I can see with this method is
the 'simple logic' of using the 2 initial of forename and
surname - mabye the letters could also be randomised as
well, i.e. Mickey Mouse could look like ommi1934.

Maybe there is an easier way - I would welcome other ideas.

Thanks
Tony
N Harkawat

=CHAR(RANDBETWEEN(65,90))&CHAR(RANDBETWEEN(65,90)) &CHAR(RANDBETWEEN(65,90))&CHAR(RANDBETWEEN(65,90)) &INT(RAND()*10000)

This will generate 4 alpha and 4 integer password and are not associated
with users first and last name