Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default CF to Color-Fill Row B:G w/Specific Text in One of the Cells

Hi All,
I'm in Excel 07 and I have a worksheet which is populated from another
worksheet, INDEX-formulas in all cells. Range is B2:G25. Column C gets
populated with either M or F. I'm looking for a CF method so that if there's
specifically an exact M in row C (not just an M in any word) that the whole
row turns a color.

The Fs need to do it too but change a different color and I'm guessing I'd
just use the same formula but have it look for Fs and change the Fill color,
right?

Can someone please help me out with a formula for that? Please.
Thanks in advance!
--Dax
--
I would give my left hand to be ambidextrous!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this...

Select the *entire* range B2:G25

Goto Home tabStylesConditional FormattingManage rulesNew ruleUse a
formula to determine which cells to format
Enter this formula in the box below:
=$C2="M"
Click the Format button
Select the desired style(s)
OKOK

New ruleUse a formula to determine which cells to format
Enter this formula in the box below:
=$C2="F"
Click the Format button
Select the desired style(s)
OK out

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Dax Arroway" wrote in message
Hi All,
I'm in Excel 07 and I have a worksheet which is populated from another
worksheet, INDEX-formulas in all cells. Range is B2:G25. Column C gets
populated with either M or F. I'm looking for a CF method so that if
there's
specifically an exact M in row C (not just an M in any word) that the
whole
row turns a color.

The Fs need to do it too but change a different color and I'm guessing I'd
just use the same formula but have it look for Fs and change the Fill
color,
right?

Can someone please help me out with a formula for that? Please.
Thanks in advance!
--Dax
--
I would give my left hand to be ambidextrous!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Same question as yesterday only with a different range.

On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 16:58:01 -0800, Dax Arroway
wrote:

Thanks for the help. It actually gets worse. In column C I'm entering M or
F (for male or female) and I need to color the entire row either blue or pink
(yeah, I know, I know, sorry to stereotype but it's not my worksheet)
depending upon their sex. How do I specify the text in that specific column?
I tried =ISTEXT($C1,"M") but it says those are too many arguements. Not
sure where to go from there.
Any help?

Did you not see the response you got yesterday that is exactly the same as
what Biff just posted?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP