Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default CF to Color-Fill Row B:G w/Specific Text in One of the Cells

Try this...

Select the *entire* range B2:G25

Goto Home tabStylesConditional FormattingManage rulesNew ruleUse a
formula to determine which cells to format
Enter this formula in the box below:
=$C2="M"
Click the Format button
Select the desired style(s)
OKOK

New ruleUse a formula to determine which cells to format
Enter this formula in the box below:
=$C2="F"
Click the Format button
Select the desired style(s)
OK out

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Dax Arroway" wrote in message
Hi All,
I'm in Excel 07 and I have a worksheet which is populated from another
worksheet, INDEX-formulas in all cells. Range is B2:G25. Column C gets
populated with either M or F. I'm looking for a CF method so that if
there's
specifically an exact M in row C (not just an M in any word) that the
whole
row turns a color.

The Fs need to do it too but change a different color and I'm guessing I'd
just use the same formula but have it look for Fs and change the Fill
color,
right?

Can someone please help me out with a formula for that? Please.
Thanks in advance!
--Dax
--
I would give my left hand to be ambidextrous!