Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default empty arguments recalculation

While using a macro for some user defined functions, it happens that it
returns an error, or in the worst case, excel (2007) stops running at all.

Through debugging I find that one or several arguments passed to VBA by
reference appear to be empty, although they are correctly referred.
I assume this empty arguments are non recalculated references.

Somehow, in some cases the function macro seems to be recalled as many times
as necessary to complete previous reading of the missing arguments. I assume
that this is because the worksheet is recalculated automatically until all
arguments are passed as required by the macro.

It is magic for me how the situation in some cases gets suddenly stabilized,
and the macro works when all inputs in the worksheet are quiet, but if a
precedent input changes the application stop running again, requiring to be
restarted once and once again.

My guess is that I have not been able to decipher completely the excel
recalculation rules, but I have not found anywhere some explanation about how
this work.

I will highly appreciate your assistance.
Thank´s for help
JS
--
Thank´s for help