Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Pricing Chart

I have a column for age. I have a chart with age banded rates ( <25, 25 to
29, etc.) Each age bracket has a rate associated with it. I am trying to do
a formula that would populate in a seperate column the rate associated with a
particular age.

ex:
m2 has age 34
the rate for 30-34 age bracket is $.08
There are more than 7 age brackets so the IF function will not work.
Age brackets are as follows:
<25 = $.05
25-29 = $.06
30-34 = $.08
35-39 = $.09
40-44 = $.10
45-49=$.15
50-54 = $.23
55-59 = $.43
60-64 = $.66
65-69 = $1.27
69 = $2.06

Any suggestions?
--
God bless.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

set up your data in a table like this

A B C
0 24 $0.05
25 29 $0.06
30 34 $0.08
35 39 $0.09
40 44 $0.10
45 49 $0.15
50 54 $0.23
55 59 $0.43
60 64 $0.66
65 69 $1.27
70 200 $2.06

and use the V lookup function
=vlookup(e1,a1:c11,3)
this formula will lookup the rate for the age value entered in E1
--
If this helps, please remember to click yes.

"chippette" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try the VLOOKUP function.

Or set up a range of two columns I1:J11

With this data

0 0.05
25 0.06
30 0.08
35 0.09
40 0.1
45 0.15
50 0.23
55 0.43
60 0.66
65 1.27
70 2.06

D1 enter this formula =LOOKUP(C1,$I$1:$I$11,$J$1:$J$11)

Enter age values in Column C

Copy D1 down as far as you have ages in column C

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 12:19:03 -0800, chippette
wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks Paul..
A few questions...
1) What does the 3 represent in the formula?
2) I assume that I can put this table on a second worksheet and reference
that way?
--
God bless.

"chippette" wrote:

[...]

pricing help james Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 5 October 19th 09 11:31 AM
Pricing Calculation Help Siper1 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 6 August 12th 08 04:19 AM
pricing Jo Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 December 16th 06 07:16 PM
Old to New Pricing Jennings Excel Worksheet Functions 6 February 12th 06 10:41 PM
Formula to extract pricing from a chart John F Excel Worksheet Functions 2 November 12th 04 02:04 PM