Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default If Function

I am trying to diplay the actual value in a cell if the function is greater
than 0. But I get the sheet name and cell (exactley what is in the " ")
instead of the value, if 0 i get blank (that part works). any help is
appreciated.
Here is what I have:

=IF('Sheet 1'!K21=0,"'","'Sheet 1'!K21")

thanks in advance
JP
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

No double quotes..Double quote will treat that as a text string

=IF('Sheet 1'!K21=0,"",'Sheet 1'!K21)

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Parker63385" wrote:

I am trying to diplay the actual value in a cell if the function is greater
than 0. But I get the sheet name and cell (exactley what is in the " ")
instead of the value, if 0 i get blank (that part works). any help is
appreciated.
Here is what I have:

=IF('Sheet 1'!K21=0,"'","'Sheet 1'!K21")

thanks in advance
JP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

As you noticed, its spitting out what you have in quotation marks. Thus,
solution is to stop telling XL you want the text "Sheet 1!K21" but rather
than value from that reference:

=IF('Sheet 1'!K21=0,"",'Sheet 1'!K21)

--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Parker63385" wrote:

I am trying to diplay the actual value in a cell if the function is greater
than 0. But I get the sheet name and cell (exactley what is in the " ")
instead of the value, if 0 i get blank (that part works). any help is
appreciated.
Here is what I have:

=IF('Sheet 1'!K21=0,"'","'Sheet 1'!K21")

thanks in advance
JP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I am trying to diplay the actual value in a
cell if the function is greater than 0.

Try this...

=IF('Sheet1'!K210,'Sheet1'!K21,"")

Note that if the sheet name does not contain spaces or other special
characters then you don't need to include the quotes around the sheet name.
However, including them won't hurt anything other than to make the formula a
bit harder to read.

=IF(Sheet1!K210,Sheet1!K21,"")

--
Biff