Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default CF Row after CF applied to Column

I've been reading the posts but still don't get it. I have data down columns
A:O for 2000+ rows. In Column J, I selected the entire column and applied CF
to it so that if any text is entered into a cell, that cell will turn yellow.
I'm lost as to how to get the entire row A:O of each cell in J which
contains text to turn yellow. I'm running 07. Can anyone help me in English
as to what the steps are or point me to the appropriate post?

Thanks in advance!
-Dax

--
I would give my left hand to be ambidextrous!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

--Select the range of cells. Assume this range is A1:O2000. Please note that
the row number mentioned in the formula is the row containing the active cell
in the selection. Active cell will have a white background even after
selection

--Goto Home tabStylesConditional FormattingManage rulesNew ruleUse a
formula to determine which cells to format

--Enter this formula in the box below:
=ISTEXT($J1)

--Click the Format button. Select the desired style(s). Hit OK

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Dax Arroway" wrote:

I've been reading the posts but still don't get it. I have data down columns
A:O for 2000+ rows. In Column J, I selected the entire column and applied CF
to it so that if any text is entered into a cell, that cell will turn yellow.
I'm lost as to how to get the entire row A:O of each cell in J which
contains text to turn yellow. I'm running 07. Can anyone help me in English
as to what the steps are or point me to the appropriate post?

Thanks in advance!
-Dax

--
I would give my left hand to be ambidextrous!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks for the help. It actually gets worse. In column C I'm entering M or
F (for male or female) and I need to color the entire row either blue or pink
(yeah, I know, I know, sorry to stereotype but it's not my worksheet)
depending upon their sex. How do I specify the text in that specific column?
I tried =ISTEXT($C1,"M") but it says those are too many arguements. Not
sure where to go from there.
Any help?
--

"Dax Arroway" wrote:

I've been reading the posts but still don't get it. I have data down columns
A:O for 2000+ rows. In Column J, I selected the entire column and applied CF
to it so that if any text is entered into a cell, that cell will turn yellow.
I'm lost as to how to get the entire row A:O of each cell in J which
contains text to turn yellow. I'm running 07. Can anyone help me in English
as to what the steps are or point me to the appropriate post?

Thanks in advance!
-Dax

--
I would give my left hand to be ambidextrous!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Select range A1:O2000

Condition1 CF formula would be =$C1="M"

Condition2 CF formula would be =$C1="F"